Our lawyers at Bender & Crane LLP are trained in the Essential Mediation Skills for the New Mediator with the American Arbitration Association and the Advanced Mediation Training with the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. As of February 2020, we have been selected by the New York County Supreme Court to serve as Mediators on the New York County Supreme Court’s Roster of Matrimonial Mediators.
Our attorneys serve as highly qualified mediators for people seeking to avoid a costly and lengthy litigation. Bender & Crane LLP’s attorneys design strategies that promote a free exchange of ideas in order to avoid such a cost and ensure these benefits:
- Control of a family’s destiny, as opposed to a judge deciding all matters in a courtroom
- A private, positive outcome, in comparison with arguments in open court
- A less formal, less stressful, less time-consuming, and less expensive way to resolve disputes over child custody and division of property
- An outcome that provides closure and preserves relationships
- An atmosphere of cooperation that can be continued in the years to come